Chow Dog Breed – Pictures, Characters, Interesting Facts, Chinese dog
Chow Dog Breed are sturdily built dog, square in profile with a small skull. They are one of the most beautiful and admired dog breeds. Chow dog breed is a bonfire head turner. It looks kind of like a cross between a lion and a bear.
In fact, like the Bear, the Chow Chow was the only dog born with 44 compared to other dogs that have 42 teeth and while they have a cute and cuddly exterior many Chow has a reputation for aggression.
Are chows affectionate?
Chow Chow is a dog that has, you know been known to be a little bit aggressive in the past and a little bit standoffish with kids and with strangers.
Despite, its reputation almost all properly trained and socialized chow make wonderful loyal companions. Once you get through the outer layers of this dog’s personality they’re amazing warm loving spirits.
The chow dog breed was one of the most ancient dog breeds it originated in Northern China more than 2,000 years ago.
More Related: Chow Chow FACTS
So, if you’re thinking to get a new dog or a new puppy, of course, it’s important to do your research to make sure you get the right dog breed that suits your lifestyle as well as understanding the tricks, the temperaments, and the various medical conditions may be pruned too.
So, thinking of the Chow the Chow dog breed has traditionally been thought of like a hunting dog, and the renowned for their British black tongue, as well as their thick explosive fur.
Are chow chows good family dogs?
Yes, they are very sweet, cute, and family dogs. Chow chow dogs are very good. They are aggressive with strangers but not with their owners. Chow puppies can live alone. They also don’t mind to live in apartments. Chow chow dogs are very caring and dedicated to their families. They are also very protective and helpful.
READ MORE: CHOW CHOW COLORS
Chow Chow Dog Breed
Chow Chow dog breed tends to be a loyal breed but quite independent. They’re intelligent but they can also be strong-willed.
So it’s important to think twice about this breed if you’re a first-time pet owner because they will need to be handled and trained properly.
They don’t become too unruly, like many breeds the child prefers to fall and bond with one particular owner.
This is relevant that you have a lifestyle whereby your pet is going to be left for longer periods because this can make them slightly more prone to separation anxiety.
More: Chow Mix
Purina Dog Chow
- PURINA DOG CHOW comes in either rough or smooth coats with a range of chow colors black, blue, cream, fawn, and red.
- The rough coat has a thick dense straight fur with the coat standing off the body.
- The outer coat is more coarse and the undercoat is softer unrulier.
- The smooth coat has got a shorter double coat and it’s much softer and flushes to the touch and despite all that hair they only molt about twice a year but they will need and benefit from daily grooming which can be quite a chore.
- So, charge hairs need to be well trained and handled frequently by their owners so they don’t start showing the more dominant side of their personality.
Are chow dogs aggressive?
- They are extremely clean by nature.
- They’re very easy to host trim but they will need exercise probably half an hour each day.
- We have to be particularly careful of hot weather.
- They will need access to outdoors especially a wander around the garden.
- Chow dog breed tends to live for about ten to fourteen years on average and there are three main groups of medical they seem more prone too.
More: Chow Chow Training
Chinese Dog Breed
- Eye conditions, Skin conditions as well as the joint issues, in particular, their knees because they have a slightly straighter hind leg it and it makes them more prone to cruciate ligament disease.
- Chow puppies are born with the blue tongue that darkens as they age.
- They are fiercely loyal and protective over their owners.
- Chow can make great pets but don’t always appreciate being fussed over by children or strangers.
- Chow can make amazing companions for adults.
- I think that they are probably not the right companions for young children.
- Chow is not an active breed so apartment living is okay as long as they receive daily scheduled exercise.
Are chow dogs aggressive?
No! They are not aggressive breeds. Chow Chow dogs are very loyal and protective. They are not an aggressive dog but sometimes chow puppy gets aggressive with strangers only.
Chow Dog Breed
- When a Chow dog is not exercised usually they become a little bit more lethargic a little overweight and also a little bit cranky at times and we don’t like cranky Chow Chow.
- Chow dog thrives in cold weather and is prone to heatstroke.
- Chow needs to be in a cool place on hot days.
- Chow’s dog breed is seasonal heavy shedders and regular grooming is important.
- They have a very dense thick coat that needs constant brushing.
- When it comes to health Chow’s dog breed is not always the sturdiest breeds.
- Chow Chow puppy does have a lot of health issues.
- The most common being elbow and hip dysplasia.
- So in general, Chow dog thrives in cold climates.
They are prone to several health issues including hip and elbow dysplasia. They should be brushed daily. Training and Socialization should start from puppyhood. These dogs do best with an experienced adult family.
Read MORE: CHOW CHOW FOOD